Brilliant use of computer vision … Something to think about
Originally posted on TechCrunch:
What do you get when you put a pair of board gaming geeks who have worked at NVIDIA, Google, LucasArts, and Ubisoft together in the same room? It probably looks like Tangible Play, debuting at Disrupt SF.
Founded by Pramod Sharma and Jerome Scholler this lean startup aims to mix augmented reality, animated graphics, and audio with traditional board game elements. While this idea isn’t new, Sharma believes his team has created something special.
“In terms of social mission – we really think that we are connecting people through games,” he said. “Every time we demo our product to anyone, we hear that its super-cool. I think part of this is uniqueness and simplicity of the product.”
Me and couple of my colleagues went to Johar Bahru to participate in a cricket match(es) with SMACK (Sains Muar Alumni Cricketers) and SMSJ (Sekolah Menegah Sains Johor) and Johor Veterans.
Since Johor Bahru is almost 350 KM from Kuala Lumpur, we left on previous day and checked into a budget hotel; which was not what we expected.
Instead of staying at hotel, we roamed around Danga beach and found nothing to eat and drink.
Next day we checked out, and reached Mutiara Rini Cricket Ground at Skudai; We were very early at the ground. We saw the ground staff driving rollers on pitch and arranging sight screens and adjusting boundary lines and creases. It was a great experience.
We got together after changing out dresses for some quick snapshots before matches.
Then we started playing cricket.
After 5-6 hours of play; it began to rain and our day washed out. All we could do was pack and enjoy the rain.
On our way back to Kuala Lumpur; couple of good scenes …
For those who don’t know; TARDIS is “Time and Relative Dimension in Space“. It is a time machine used by The Doctor in a British TV Series – The Doctor. The Doctor is a Time Lord and he travels to and fro in time to maintain balance in universe.
By visiting the Google Maps page for Earl’s Court Rd, London and clicking on the double arrows pointed towards an innocuous blue police box, would-be-companions can venture inside the TARDIS. From there the streetview program offers quite a bit of room to explore—it’s bigger on the inside, after all—including multiple levels of the control room.
The movie is very cool and fast-paced. But you had to wait for the end of the movie to see the most interesting aspect of film. I just looked around and found the linking of all FF series; so sharing it over here
- Better Luck Tomorrow - The story of Han as a chain-smoking high school student getting started with crime
- The Fast & The Furious - The story of how Brian meets Dom, Letty and Mia and gets started with crime; at the very end we see Dom escaped to Mexico
- Turbo Charged - The short film that picks up as Brian flees the police, after releasing Dom. We see him traveling to Miami and getting his new car.
- 2 Fast 2 Furious - Picks up a couple months after Turbo Charged in Miami, where Brian meets up with Roman and Tej. (During this time, we can assume that Dom is meeting Han for the first time in Mexico and running some jobs with him.)
- Los Bandoleros - This short film is set five years after the events of 2 Fast 2 Furious. Dom meets back up with Letty in the Dominican Republic and brings Han and some other friends in on a heist job.
- Fast & Furious - Picks up days after the events in Los Bandoleros, with Dom, Letty, Han and crew pulling the heist. Dom then leaves Letty only to have her get “murdered”. He then meets back up with Mia and Brian in the states. He gets sentenced to life in prison at the end.
- Fast Five - The film picks up where the last ended with Mia and Brian breaking Dom out of prison. They all run off to pull a heist in Brazil with Han, Roman, Tej and the rest of their new team. At the end of the film we find out Letty is still alive.
- Furious 6 - Picks up shortly after the end of the last film with the same team regrouping to rescue Letty from the villain Owen Shaw. Han’s girlfriend Giselle is killed and he makes the decision to go live in Tokyo. The very last scene of the film takes place in Tokyo, with Shaw’s brother, Ian, killing Han out of revenge. This is an expanded version of a scene found in…
- Tokyo Drift - Han has moved on to Tokyo after the death of Giselle, and is acting as a mentor to wannabe street-racers/criminals. Halfway through we see an abbreviated version of his death scene. Dom shows up in a cameo at the end, presumably to seek retribution for Han’s murder.
And that’s the story so far. We can assume the next film made will pick up in Tokyo, with the rest of the team meeting up with Dom to hunt down Ian Shaw and get revenge for Han.
Nice collection of trailers better than movies list; I think I can add couple of more to this list. Will do that later
Originally posted on Funk's House of Geekery:
Sometimes we see a movie trailer that just blows us away. The promise of what is to come is so exciting that we know deep down that this is a movie we must see. We’re given hints of a world beyond expectation and imagination, something that has to be seen to be believed. Something…that turns out to be pretty gosh darn average. A movie without a single memorable quality. When we rewatch the trailer all we remember is that sense of crushing disappointment.
These are those trailers.
After working on Mafia Farm, our company’s international hit game; we shifted gears and ported out another title with almost same game mechanics but with more improved storyline (well kind of :P). Kingdom of Heroes is available at AppStore and Android Market. iPhone/iPod touch users can get the game via here. iPad users can check out the high-def version of game at this link. Android users can access the game at this link.
This is the second online mobile social game developed by Mindstorm Studios. Players with interest in ancient civilizations can join in and compete with other similar players around the world. The game also has a world-building component which increases the reputation which in turn increases the chances of winning the raids. The defense items lets your world to handle all the attacks in your absence. You can hire soldiers or purchase heroes/mercenaries which increases your attack, defense and reputation. It’s great fun.
It has been a great achievement by Mindstorm Studios team; to develop, publish and entertain players around the world so much that an international company has re-published the game.
- Mafia Farm: Get your crops and guns in the same place (games.com)
- 6L inks 16 mobile game developer pacts, vows major marketing spend (fiercedeveloper.com)
It’s been ages since I posted my last post; the only reason for my laziness here is due to my full commitment to a new game Mafia Farm. iPad users can try an HD version of Mafia Farm. This is the latest game title released by Mindstorm Studios. The game is also released on Android store. Android users can download this game from this link.
This is the fist online social game developed by Mindstorm Studios. Players with Mafia taste can join in and compete with other similar players around the world. The game also has a world-building component which increases the reputation which in turn increases the chances of winning the raids. The defense items lets your world to handle all the attacks in your absence. You can hire mobsters or purchase villains which increases your attack, defense and reputation. It’s great fun.
Spoiler alert: The new update will have leader boards and facebook connect.
Check out it’s trailer: